Here’s What You’ll Need to Know
Join us by making an appointment for a wedding consultation. Choose either our El Cajon or La Jolla wedding salon depending on which is most convenient for you. Though we can accommodate walk-ins, we highly recommend making an appointment so we can set that time aside to focus on your special day. We recommend scheduling an appointment at least two months before your wedding; however, you can come in as early as you like—one less thing for you to do! Appointments available every half hour during business hours. Last minute weddings are always welcomed. Click here to view locations in El Cajon and La Jolla.
Your Wedding Consultation – During your wedding consultation appointment, you will meet with one of our expert wedding consultants who will guide your through the process of selecting your wedding cake.
- Tasting: At your cake tasting, we hope you come hungry as you will get a chance to sample most of our yummy cake flavors and frostings. Whipped cream is a light and airy frosting favorite but high end designs often require fondant or you may like our sweet and creamy homemade buttercream. Remember, you can choose a different flavor per tier if you wish to offer your guests a variety of flavors. While you may plan to accommodate your guests, remember your top tier is free so you may want to choose your favorite flavor and enjoy it later.
- Designs: While your stomach is full and you’re happily sampling, we have many albums for you to look through. This should be a fun experience as it will teach all of us a lot about what designs are more “you.” Also, if you spot special designs in magazines that you like, we encourage you to bring them in to your appointment. We’ll give you some time alone to look through designs, then we’ll collaborate with you and you can tell us what you like so we can begin to create your ideal wedding cake. Though it’s just a sketch, your cake will begin to take shape as our wedding consultant sketches a rough copy of your special cake. Budgets can easily be accommodated in the design consultation process.
- What to bring: Many couples prefer a traditional wedding cake, all in white, others envision a whimsical design accented in gold or silver. Others wish to bring out their theme or accent colors in their wedding cake; a beach theme, vineyard design, or Victorian lace design for example.
- Colors/Invitations or Specific Designs: If you wish to include your colors in your cake design, we highly recommend you bring in a swatch of your color(s) so we can match your color…although it may appear there is but one shade of pink, we as decorators know that pink comes in a million different shades. Since we want your colors to match perfectly, please bring in a small swatch or fabric, or anything that demonstrates the best match of the color you would like us to use as a guide. Alternatively, if you would like us to use a design from an invitation or artwork of yours, please bring in a copy of the invitation or artwork so that we can use it as a reference.
- Facility/Coordinator/Directions/Florist Contact Information: If you happen to have a Wedding Coordinator, or plan to have a Florist decorate your cake, and you have their contact information, we would be happy to gather their information at this time. Also, if you have the name and contact information of your Facility Coordinator that you are working with, we would be happy to make a note of their names/contact information if you have that information handy. Finally, if you plan to have your cake delivered and the location is a home or more specific location, directions and/or specifics are always appreciated. Otherwise, we can follow-up and retrieve this information once your wedding date approaches, as you have plenty of time.
- Who to bring: Since this is such an important time that requires much detailed attention, we recommend limiting your “helpers” to no more than two in addition to yourself and your fiancé. We have found that four or less at a wedding consultation reduces stress, promotes creative thinking regarding your cake design preferences, and contributes to a very productive consultation overall. We would also like to advise that small children often have difficulty sitting through the wedding appointment.
The final step in your wedding cake process is to begin a wedding contract, which will secure your wedding date with us. To secure your contract, we require a 25% deposit on your cake, which would be placed along with your written contract. Then, any final changes to your cake and the balance on your cake will be due two weeks prior to your event date. We accept personal checks and cash, please no credit cards at this time.